Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just for fun: the Time Cube

Today I would like to take brief moment to discuss something I have stumbled across: the "Time Cube" website. This site is the outpost of a certain Dr. Gene Ray, who invented a theory that supposedly explains everything. This theory (which I am having some trouble understanding) has something to do with the way Earth rotates, but because it goes against most religions and makes little sense most people have never heard of it. Dr. Ray (who signs all of his posts on this website "Gene Ray, Cubic and Wisest Human") claims that there is a giant conspiracy to prevent people from learning about the Time Cube, perpetuated by the education system. He suggests that if people disagree with the theory or even are unaware of it they will burn in hell (even though the theory has nothing to do with the afterlife at all, as far as I can tell. 

I found Ray's use of extra-large text aggravating, and his writing style is almost completely incoherent. After reading through the website, I came across a few points that Gene Ray makes that I would like to repeat. First, Dr. Ray believes that -1 times -1 is equal to -1. Don't ask me why. Second, this theory of the Time Cube somehow has to do with race relations. From what I gather, Dr. Ray is a bit of a racist, which he somehow justifies with the fact that Earth actually has four simultaneous days instead of one. Next, Dr. Ray believes that the Judeo-Christian God is homosexual. Again, don't ask me why. Overall, the website appears to be the best example of crank fundamentalism, pseudoscience, conspiracy, and incoherence I have ever seen. 

For these reasons, check the website out for yourself. If nothing else, it is hilarious to read. And if you figure out what Dr. Ray is talking about, please tell meI’d like to know.

5 comments:

joe said...

Ok. Well. I'm on this site, and usually when I read stuff like this I get mad. But usually when I read stuff like this it is written in coherent English and doesn't have racism and homophobia mashed into it.

I'll start with his views on religion. "Gene Ray is sole Authority on Harmonic Time Cube.
Collection of raw data on this Site will empower the
Greatest Book ever written. That includes Bibles and
Academic Scientific Books. Stop evil Ad Hominemism." Is a quote from his website. Notice the term "raw data" is used. Now, usually i order to have any sort of data, there has to be PROOF behind it. I'm not talking about faith (Bill, you know I could go on for hours about the whole faith vs. proof side of things) I'm talking about how he presents his half English garbage as scientifically correct, but then provides absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

"Creation based on 4 Days - just as you have 4 corners.
My 4 Days proves your 1 Day God inferior to my intelligence. Remember Genesis 1:5 Lie -there was
not a Day rotation."
My 4 Days PROVES your 1 day God inferior. No. No it doesn't. You SAY it does. However, with no actual information on your "4 day theory" other than "it's the truth" you can't actually prove anything.

Now, I could go through his entire website finding every single allusion to religion and tear him apart on it, but there's only so many hours in a day (or ARE there?!?!?!!?)

"WARNING TO EDUCATED STUPID, Black
Skin equates imprisonment, white race had
nothing to do making negros black. Even a worst imprisonment exists when the whites are under
Dark rule, who seek revenge for false slavory. "

Bill, it's a race war. Pick a side.

"I know for a fact that 4 simultaneous 24
hour Days exist within a single rotation
of Earth. Midday is a light race Day. "

Well. He knows it for fact so it MUST be true. Also. midday is when the sun is brightest. Light people have the most sensitive skin. Why the hell do we get midday?

Well, it's time for dinner. I might do more later if I'm bored

Bill said...

Don't get mad--laugh! This stuff is racist, homophobic, and absurd--and that's what makes it so hilarious. This guy is a total crackpot, and he actually thinks he is an "authority" on the subject of religion and science (as if anyone can be an "authority on religion). Besides, the guy doesn't even know basic grammar.

Do you have any idea what he's talking about? I don't get the whole "4 days" thing.

Naturally I agree with you on the faith vs. proof bit, and Gene Ray is no exception to the rule.

Also--did you see the message to Obama?

joe said...

Oh I'm well aware that no one takes him seriously. I didn't legitimately get mad, I just got caught up in tearing him apart. He "explains" it all in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2UCqL5qyo

Bill said...

Nice. I really feel bad for the few people who actually do believe in this.

joe said...

I'm not pressing the issue, this is just the only place I could give you the link

I dont know if you read the troy davis stuff or not, but on December 9th he went to court to try to get an appeal.

Today it was announced that it was denied. He was given a 30 day stay of execution to file a habeas corpus petition with the US supreme court, but they're saying this is probably his last shot. He either gets the new trial or gets executed.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/document.php?id=ENGUSA20090416004&lang=e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPHNsFqb8M